Підтримка студентів ветеринарної медицини
В зв’язку з численними ініціативами підтримки українських студентів ветеринарної медицини або студентів, які навчаються в Україні, ми створили сторінку підтримки студентів Vet Students support щоб об’єднати всі ці ініціативи.
IVSA members are committed to taking action to support veterinary students and animals of Ukraine in the light of recent events. The Task Force named “Vet Students for Ukraine” recruited IVSA members to be part of this Team. The President and the IVSA European Team are already working closely on possible solutions.
- Collection of supplies to be delivered to Ukraine
- Collection of funds to support organisations working with animals and refugees
- Providing veterinary students with a platform to feel supported as part of the IVSA family
- Establishing a database of student initiatives aiming to support Ukraine, as well as a database with contact details for our Member Organizations from countries bordering with Ukraine
You can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Veterinary Faculty in Bila Tserkva is a full member of IVSA, EAEVAE and EAEVE accredited.
Current help offers from a community group of volunteer students and research scientists from academic institutions in Europe and around the world are listed here: #ScienceforUkraine
Information collected so far in alphabetic order per country (10/03/2022):
The University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, together with all universities in Austria , offers unbureaucratic support. Specifically, the Vetmeduni implements the following activities for those affected:
- Ukrainian students are exempt from tuition fees at the Vetmeduni.
- Refugee students who had to interrupt their studies in veterinary medicine can initially start their studies as incoming students at the Vetmeduni.
- In consultation with the Austrian Students’ Union of the Vetmeduni (HVU), the range of psychological online support will be increased.
- The commitment to the veterinary work of students to care for the animals of refugees is credited as part of the elective “Science and Practice”.
- In the central emergency room of the university clinic for small animals, assigned animals are cared for in cooperation with the “Krone Tierhilfe Ukraine” campaign; the allocation is made by the “Krone Tierhilfe Ukraine” in the initial reception center in Donaustadt.
Offer for Ukrainian students of veterinary medicine the possibility of continuing their studies at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Zagreb. This includes:
- Continuation of their education free of charge from the first to the sixth year, in Croatian or English.
- The possibility of completing parts of their course at our Faculty, as part of the student exchange programme.
- Completion of clinical practice at our Faculty’s clinics including professional field work.
- Free meals in the form of lunch and evening meals in the student restaurants.
- Provision of continuous support to the development of their careers, with academic and psychological counselling (Office for Career Development and Academic and Psychological Counselling +385 1 2390 330; email@example.com)
- An individual approach to resolving problems and classes missed as a result of the current situation.
- The Veterinary Faculty in Calgary can help with online sessions on all topics related to veterinary medicine, including pre-clinical and clinical topics. Please contact: Dean Renate Weller – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Veterinary Sciences Brno is offering internships (duration up to one year) for veterinary students from Ukraine in all clinics and departments. More information at www.vfu.cz and email address: email@example.com
- University of Veterinary Sciences Brno has opened all its doctoral programs for students from Ukraine. More information HERE or writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece (AUTH) has capacity to support around 100 Ukrainian students (hosting, financial support)
Budapest University of Veterinary Medicine also welcomes refugees and their companions from Ukraine and collects donations. More information HERE
Within the Budapest University of Veterinary Medicine, the ISC (International Student Association) is also collecting donations and distributing them to local charities. More information HERE.
The Polish faculties will grant access for veterinary students in the respective year.
Main contact: DVM Zbigniew Wróblewski email@example.com
The University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice provide to those interested in the study and students of Ukrainian veterinary schools:
- Waiver of the fee for submitting the application for the study year 2022/2023
- Possibility of completing a preparatory course for admission interviews without a fee.
- Veterinary faculty students to complete part of their studies at our university for an exchange stay.
- Veterinary faculty students should take internships and clinical internships at our university clinics and their workplace.
We invite everyone to solidarity and to the possibility of individual support of our students by contributing to a donation-sponsored account:
SK20 8180 0000 0070 0007 2233
Variable symbol: 24022022
Message for recipient: name and surname of donor
More information HERE